Friday, October 25, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of October 21st

A note from Mrs. Burke:
Thank you to parents who have signed up for a conference. I'm looking forward to meeting with you and your child on November 4th. If you have not signed up for a conference yet, please send me an email to set up a time: burken@hartfordschools.net

This week, students continued working on their portfolios for conferences. They are eager to share them with you ! I want to save all of this good work for conferences, so this week I asked them to reflect on some other things in the classroom.

Keep reading to see what our classroom reporters posted this week.


Favorites in 5B:

Image result for Gonoodle

What is your favorite GoNoodle brain break?  Why?


My favorite GoNoodle is Kids Bop songs and dances.
-Aaron

When I do something calming it feels something and it is calm when we do relaxing things.
-Liam

My favorite GoNoodle brain break is “Bunny Breaths” because it helps me to stay calm in stressful places. 
-Alisha
My favorite GoNoodle is Let It Go because it's fun and loud. I just think it's fun to sing and dance to let it go.
-Charleigh

What my favorite GoNoodle brain break is, is “ are you more like __ or __?” because you get to learn more about each other.
-Peyton

My favorite is are you more like a foot or a sock and are you more like a sand or dirt because it allows you to see how others feel.
-Max

Here are some pictures of students enjoying a GoNoodle brain break:







Image result for Flexible seating animated

What is your favorite flexible seating in the classroom?  Why?

I don’t have any, I just like to be at school and I don't care where I sit.
-Liam

My favorite flexible seating is the red chairs because when I need to think rocking it or spinning it helps me.
-Alisha


My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the wobbly stool. The wobbly stool is my favorite flexible seating because it allows me to move not only forward and backwards, but it allows us to lean left to right and spin left to right.
-Cody

My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the high red chair because it is high and it turns. 
-Triv-Ann


My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the red spinny chairs. I like them because I can spin. Also, they're just fun.
-Chareigh

My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the high red chairs because you can gently spin around.
-Peyton


My favorite flexible seating is the red chair because it twists and adjusts.
-Max

My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the blue table and the red table because I like the red chairs and the blue stools. 
-Emmariah

My favorite flexible seating in the classroom is the wobble stool because it helps me focus and it can spin. 
-Riley 

My favorite flexible seating is the blue and the red table because they're comfy and you can see better at the high table better than the low table.
-Kady


Image result for spanish songs

What is your favorite Spanish song that you learned in Spanish class?  Why?

Madre Tierra because it is catchy and fun.
-Andre  

My favorite song is The Best Day of My Life! 
-Aaron

Rock the Capitals South America because I get to learn all the capitals in Spanish.
-Liam

My favorite Spanish song is “Madre Tierra” because it’s a very upbeat and happy song that gets everybody dancing.  I also like that it is about thanking Mother Nature (Madre Tiera) for the beautiful things on our Earth.
-Colin

My favorite Spanish song that I learned in Spanish class is Madre Tierra because it is fun to dance to.
-Peyton

I loved the Spanish songs of the week. They are so cool to do. My favorite is benos deas. It was so fun.
-Ben


My favorite Spanish song is La Gozadera because it sounds cool to me.
-Max

My favorite Spanish song is Terra Madre because it has more Spanish words for you to learn.
-Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment