Friday, April 3, 2020

5B Classroom News: Week of March 30th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
It's been a while since our last blog post due to our new normal of home learning. I hope everyone is well and enjoying extra time with your family. The students have adjusted well to this new way of learning. In such a short time they have taken responsibility for their learning, and I am so proud of them! Parents, thank you so much for your support. I couldn't do it without you!

We are going to use our weekly blog post to share ideas of things students can do to enhance their home learning. It will also be a place for them to share things. Even though they are apart, this is a place for them to come together as a class again.

This week I gave them a challenge: to share a brain break they have been doing. I hope this gives them new ideas for brain breaks.

Keep reading to see what our student reporters shared this week.

I wish you and your family good health!


Brain Break Clipart For Kids - Clip Art Library
Brain Break Challenge
What did you do for our brain break challenge this week? 
Why did you choose this as your brain break?

Aaron read a book for his brain break.

Andre built a fire with his dad for his brain break.

I choose to do yoga for my brain break challenge. I did this because my mom got me a yoga mat and it’s fun to do yoga. I have done mincraft yoga, my brother wanted to do it so I let him.
-Charleigh 

This week for my brain break I chose to play spikeball because it takes a lot of energy and is very hard. I also chose this as my brain break because it is very fun.
-Cody 

This week for my brain break I chose to play Legos in my room.  I chose this brain break because building Lego takes time, so it really slows down your brain, and calms you down.  Also, I just really enjoy it.
-Colin

Kayd played basketball for her brain break.

I chose to do wall pushups. I chose to do this because they are my favorite exercise.
-Max

The brain break I chose for our brain break challenge is working on a puzzle.  I decided to use a puzzle as my brain break because it’s been a long time since I’ve put a puzzle together, and I thought it would be fun. I’ve enjoyed taking a break a few times a day to see how much progress I can make on my puzzle.  It is so satisfying and gives me energy to get back to my work and focus.
-Mrs. Burke

I played outside for my brain break. I chose this because it was nice outside and we have a lot of fun stuff to play on.
-Peyton

I go outside and play. I do this because I get fresh air.
-Riley

My brain break challenge this week was painting a cup over I did it because I didn't want to go outside and I like painting so I did it.
-Triv-Ann 

I have been going outside and drawing for a brain break. I chose to go outside and draw because it calms me and drawing takes my mind off of stress plus its warm here. 
-Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment