Friday, April 10, 2020

5B Classroom News: Week of April 6th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
April is National Poetry month so I challenged the students to write a poem. This was an optional assignment. I am overjoyed to announce that every student in 5B wrote a poem! I am so proud of them! Way to go 5B!!! Keep up the good work. I know this new way of learning is not easy, and I greatly appreciate the enthusiasm of the students as we navigate this new normal for the rest of the school year. Again, thank you to parents as well. I could not do this without your support.

I hope everyone has a very relaxing April break. Please get outside, away from the computers and devices, and enjoy nature!

Enjoy the beautiful poetry written by students in 5B!



OPPOSITES


I like opposite words
I think they are pretty cool
I like to say them at school or even at the pool
For now I have to go
But I wanted everyone to know
Opposite words are fun
Even when you are on the run
- By Aaron



Quarantine,
Usually I can go anywhere I want,
Anytime,
Right now, 
Anywhere is,
No where.
Today
I
Need to remember what I am 

Especially thankful for.
- By Ben

The rest of the poems are on Flipgrid. Click here to listen to the poems.





No comments:

Post a Comment