Friday, November 8, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of Nov. 4th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
Wow, what a week! The students did such a great job sharing their learning during our student-led conferences. I enjoyed meeting with families and celebrating your child's accomplishments. Their portfolios are a reflection of their hard work.

Take a look at what our student reporters posted on our blog this week. There are entries with their reflections on their conference as well as some reflections about the play we saw on Thursday at the Hartford High School.

Student-led Conference Reflections:
Image result for student-led conference clipart

What were you most proud of during your student-led conference?  What would you like to improve for your next student-led conference?

During my student led conference I was most proud of how I was able to make my voice audible from the front of the room. For my next student-led conference I would like to do more ad-libbing instead of reading directly off the slideshow.
-Cody

I was most proud during my student-led conference when I shared my work in math how I got it wrong then tried again. I would like to improve by not looking at the TV so much, and use more eye contact.
-Charleigh


I am most proud of that I project my voice so everyone could hear me during my student-led conference.  One thing I would do a better job of facing my family and Mrs. Burke, and less of looking at the T.V.
-Colin


I am most proud of how I was able to share my academic goal and my mother loved it and that made me happy and more confident about presenting at the conference.I would like to improve the way I present my portfolio by making more eye contact with my family, than looking at my portfolio on the television the whole time.
-Triv-Ann


I loved how I did my conference and how it worked out. 
-Ben


One thing I was proud of the student-led conference was how I presented where everyone in the room could hear me. One thing I would like to improve on is making more eye contact and try not to look at the TV or stare off.
-Alisha


I was proud of my math during my student-led conference because I was proud of adding. I was also proud of my catapult because the marshmallow went far. In my next conference I would like to teach my parents a math game.
-Aaron


I am most proud of making my voice loud and clear. I would like to improve how I looked at the TV so much, instead of my parents. 
-Max


What I was most proud of was when I could present my portfolio and still pay attention to my parents. What I would do next time is talk a little slower during the conference.
-Liam


During my student-led conference I was most proud of how I was able to present correctly. For my next student-led conference I would like to improve my eye contact while presenting my portfolio.
-Andre


What I am most proud of during my student-led conference was looking back and forth from the conference portfolio and my dad. What I would like to improve in my next student-led conference is read slower so I don't mess up words and sentences. 
-Riley


I was most proud of when I made my voice loud enough so my parents could hear me. For the next time I want to improve on not looking at the screen the whole time. 
-Emmariah


My favorite part of the student-led conference was my catapult  I thought I did really good. Also I got a lot of comments that I did really good on that slide. I loved my conference it was really fun.
-Kayd



Field Trip:  The Addams Family Play

Image result for the addams family play

What did you like the most in The Addams Family play that we watched at the Hartford High School today?  Why?

I loved all of the Addams Family play because it was at the Hartford High School. It was the best play ever and I loved that my mom was there and it was so good I want to watch it over and over again. It was so so so fun. 
-Ben 


I like the most in The Addams Family play was the whole thing. I thought it was really good. My favorite character was Wednesday. I also thought it was really funny.
-Charleigh

My favorite parts of The Addams Family play were the singing, (all of the actors were very good singers), I also liked that they put in some humor.  For example, Pugsley moping about how Wednesday might not torture him anymore.
-Colin

What I liked most about the Addams Family play was the dances. I like the dances because it was very organized.
-Emmariah

My favorite part of of the Addams Family was every part. It was so good and fun especially when me, Liam, Peyton, Colin, Alisha, and Max got to ride on a small bus by ourselves. It was really fun. I loved the play especially when they were singing.
-Kayd

What I liked from the Addams Family play was how they made their voices still be heard and project their voices and they did good.
-Liam

My favorite part of The Addams Family was Gomez said, ̈There is 2 things that I would never do ̈ or ̈There is only 3 things I would not do ̈and ̈There is 4 things I would never do.¨ I like that part because it is funny and the person playing Gomez had an accent.
-Max

What my favorite part of the Addams Family play at the Hartford High School was Uncle Fester because his character was funny and I think he did a very nice job. I also liked Wednesday because it was funny how she hated her boyfriend but also loved him at the same time. The last thing I liked was Gomez character because he can’t keep a lie from his wife.
-Peyton

The part I liked most in The Addams Family play that we watched at the Hartford High School is when the kid in the striped shirt said “will you still torcher me” and Wednesday said “ yes, at least till you have a girl to do it.” 
-Riley


The part I most liked about The Addams Family Play was the part when one of the actors came out with a football and said are you ready for some football! I clapped and shouted yay!
-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment