Saturday, February 16, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of Feb. 11th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
It was a busy week leading up to our February break. In science students investigated the density of liquids. They had to figure out how to layer different liquids so they would stack on top of each other and not mix together. Also, every student in 5B participated in our classroom spelling bee. They all tried their best and I'm very proud of all of them! During language arts on Friday, students participated in a town meeting style debate about the American Revolution. They will be posting their thoughts about this event to our blog when they return to school after the break.

Happy Valentine's Day 5B!



Keep reading to see what our classroom reporters wrote about this week:

Science:  Structures of Matter
What did you learn about density of liquids from the density investigations in science?  Was there anything in your data that surprised you?

In science we learned about density. We also took a test, we studied, and then took the test.
-Aubree






















Classroom Spelling Bee
Were you anxious during the classroom spelling bee?  What did you do to calm down?

I wasn’t that anxious during the classroom spelling bee, but I told myself that if I tried hard, I would make it in the school spelling bee!
- Flynn

Did you think the words in the classroom spelling bee were difficult or easy to spell?

It was difficult because I couldn’t spell some words.
-Nevaeh

They were easy in the beginning and then they got harder and harder.
-Owen

Did you feel you were prepared to participate in the classroom spelling bee?  What did you do to prepare for the spelling bee?

I think the spelling bee words would have been easy if I practiced more because I got out on the first word I had to spell.
-Madison

I thought that the classroom spelling bee was easy and that when I got out on a word I realized how you spell it.
-Lyndsey

I was not anxious during the classroom spelling bee because I knew that all the people around me were feeling a little nervous too. I thought some of the words in the class were a little too easy, but most of the words were just right. I felt I was prepared but some words I felt I forgot to study. To prepare for the Bee I studied the words then had my mom (she’s awesome) quiz me.
-Abby

I was anxious during the classroom spelling bee
-Jayden

I was very anxious during the spelling bee. What I did to calm down was to take deep breaths. I thought the words were mostly easy to me but a few. I did feel that  I was prepared to participate in the spelling bee. And I did participate in the spelling bee.
-Maximus

I felt nervous but I wanted to try. I didn't care that I lost, then I just cheered on somebody else.
-Jack

I thought some words were easy and some were hard.
-Zachary

I knew that I was not going to make it because I did not really practice for it and got a word wrong and I did not make it. Congratulations to Flynn, Aubree, and Abby for making it to the school Spelling Bee.
-Taylor

I was anxious during the spelling bee but I took deep breaths and succeeded. I feel like for me the spelling bee was easy. I feel like I was prepared for the spelling bee. I practiced all night before the spelling bee. I am in the spelling bee, and Flynn another one of my classmates is the class champion. And Abigail another one of my classmates is also going to the school spelling bee. I wanted to say all my classmates did wonderful and should keep trying.
-Aubree


























No comments:

Post a Comment