Sunday, September 8, 2019

5B Classroom News: The First Two Weeks

A not from Mrs. Burke:  
We have had a great start to the new school year! The students have been learning more about each other through our "Getting to Know You Activities" as well as learning how to work together as a team. They have all been polite, contributing to our discussions, and showing me their best work. They have discovered that as a team they can accomplish so much more. I am extremely proud of all of them! Here is Team 5B:


Please note on the right hand side of this blog there is a link called "Homework Board." This is where I list notes students write in their planner every day. If you want to be sure they have included everything in their planner, please click on this link. Thank you for signing their planner every night, and please continue to sign it. This lets me know you have seen their planner.

This week's blog post is a bit longer than usual because it covers two weeks. The getting to know you activities will be shared with you during open house in October. I took more pictures than usual since we did a lot of team building activities and I thought you would enjoy seeing the students working together to problem solve these challenges.

This is the first time the students have written posts for the blog. They did a fantastic job, all eager to share what they have been doing at school.

Keep reading to see what they reported this week!

Getting to Know You Activities:  
Which activity has been your favorite? Why?
My favorite getting to know each other activity was the cubby tags because people got to know me better and I got to draw stuff.
-Andre

My favorite is cubby tag because I can write and draw ten of the things that I can't live without.
-Tony

My favorite getting to know activity was the alien newspaper because I got to use my alien self and talk about a rare earthling. I also like that before we did that we got say 
how our aliens say hello! 
-Alisha

My favorite get to know you activity was the alien newspaper because it helps me learn a lot about my classmates that I didn’t already know. It has also been very fun to make and I have learned about what some of my classmates want to do when they are an adult. I also really enjoyed making up fictional information about our future.
-Cody 

My favorite getting to know you activities was alien newspaper. It was so fun to know more about my classmates. 
-Ben

My Favorite Getting to Know You Activity was the puzzle piece. It was fun. It described my classmates and my classmates did some beautiful puzzle pieces. I was surprised by how nice the puzzle pieces were. I had so much fun doing the puzzle piece. 
-Triv-Ann

My Favorite Getting to Know You Activity was the puzzle pieces. The puzzle pieces are my favorite because I thought it was a fun coloring activity.
-Emmariah

My favorite get to know your thing was the personal snapshot and the puzzle pieces. They were both really fun and the cubby pictures. We also made a what is teamwork poster and did a spiderweb challenge.  The words we used were... We can do this! How about…? Lets work hard! I don't understand. Would you please…?, Teamwork makes a dream work! Let's work together! Let's make a plan! Can we try my idea? This isn't working,can we try…? Can I add more to your idea? Let's compromise and blend are ideas. Those are all the words we thought of.
-Kady


My favorite Getting to Know You Activity was classroom BINGO because it helps me learn things about people that I didn’t know. Also it is a game so it's fun. It’s a really fun way to get to know my classmates.
- Charleigh


Team Building Activities:  
Which activities did you like the best?  Why? Did you have a favorite?
My favorite team building activity was the spiderweb because I liked getting lifted through the holes and crawling under it.
-Andre

My favorite team challenge activity was the Spider Web Challenge. I cheered my friends by clapping my hands. I made it across the spider web with my friends help.   
 -Aaron

My favorite team building activity is the spider web because it was fun getting the entire class on the other side of the very big spider web without getting eaten by the big spider who made it and when a classmate goes through a hole in the web it becomes close.
-Tony

My favorite team building activity was the spider web challenge because it forced us to really communicate and work together.  Also, it was really fun to not just be allowed, but encouraged to lift people through the holes in the web. I liked that you could pass them along like they were fan surfing!  5B makes a good team!
-Colin

I liked the spider web because it was fun and I got to learn how we work well as a team, to see each other's capabilities. Also to see how we can work as a team and we got to make our own ideas to lift classmates through the bands.
-Riley 



























 


I loved doing the team building challenge we got to work as a group. Cup stack was fun, clap stomp 3, was cool and saving Sammy, was super fun. The spider web was fun because I got lifted a lot and picked people up. We pupils touched the web so we could make more people get through the hole.
-Liam

I liked the cup stacking challenge because I thought it was funny to see four of us to lift one cup with a rubber band and string and to see our strategies to stack six cups. I had a lot of fun and I hope we do it again.
-Riley  

My favorite team building activities have been the cup stacking challenge and the spider web challenge. They are my favorites because we had to be very creative for both of them. We also had to be able to communicate and collaborate. We also had make sure not to leave out anybody and listen to their ideas because they may have a really good idea that you might not be able to complete the challenge without. 
-Cody









My favorite team building activity was the helium hoop challenge because we began with a small group then we went into a bigger group. When people would try to go push down the hula hoop went up!
-Alisha

My favorite was the Helium Hoop because in smaller groups it worked way better than when it was the whole class. This is because there were only four different minds, but there were 15 different minds when we did the whole class. It was AWESOME.
-Maxwell.






My two favorite Team Building Activities were The Spider Web Challenge and the Saving Sammy Challenge. I liked The Spider Web Challenge because we had to be creative and try to get through. I also liked the Saving Sammy Challenge because it was fun and I love gummies.
- Charleigh















No comments:

Post a Comment