Sunday, May 12, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of May 6th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
Students have been working hard on their yearbook this week. They have been very thoughtful about their own page and have shared wonderful memories from their time at OQS. The yearbooks will be given to them at their graduation ceremony. This week we took a field trip to see the middle school musical. This was a kick off to our middle school transition activities. It gave the students a chance to see one of the activities that they can choose to participate in at the middle school. Keep reading to see what they thought of the play.


Field Trip:  The Middle School Musical: Once On This Island, Jr.

Image result for once on this island jr clipart

What did you enjoy about the middle school musical, Once On This Island?

Do you want to participate in the middle school musical next year? If so, would you like to be a character on stage, help with the technical jobs, or help with the set and props?  Why?

I really enjoyed and liked the play, Once On This Island. I think it would be nice if I did props and background next year for the musical because I have stage fright and am really good with art. So I think it would be fun designing props.
-Madison

I was not a big fan of the play itself, but the acting and songs were great.  Next year, I definitely want to be in the musical. I don’t know if I would like tech or stage better though.
-Abigail

What I did enjoy about the middle school musical was the death god because every time he comes the fog machines turn on. I want to participate in the middle school musical next year. I would like to be a person that sets the props.
-Jayden

No I do not want to participate in the middle school musical next year. I enjoy the middle
school musical all of it.
-Cash

What I enjoyed about the middle school play is when the devil came out and the fog followed behind. I do not want to participate in the middle school musical next year. If I did do a technical job because I do not like acting very much.
-Maximus

I thought it was really good. I liked it because it was cool and interesting. There were a lot of cool, love and sad parts in the play I want to do the play next year.
-Jack

What I enjoyed about the middle school musical Once on This Island was all of the people working hard. Also another favorite part was when they picked up the boy and almost dropped him and that was pretty funny. And when the God Of Death came out and the fog machines came out and a lot of fog was everywhere.
-Madylyn

What I enjoyed about the middle school musical, Once On This Island, is honestly everything. The choreography was great, everyone’s voices were fantastic, they had stage presence, they delivered their lines very well, and the show itself was so well put together! I really want to see it again with my family. Their show this year makes me want to be in HMMS’s middle school musical next year even more than before! I would like to be a character on stage next year, if I make it into next year’s musical. I would like to be a character on stage because I love acting, and I want to keep doing it whenever I have the chance to!
-Flynn

The part that I want to do is stage crew because I don't have to sing and that I am not in the head of the play.
-Owen

My school’s 5th grade went to watch the middle school musical called Once On This Island. What I enjoyed about the musical was probably the fog machines. I was in the front row! I’ve never been in the front row, and even as my first I got the best view, and got a funny laugh with the fog. There was a God of Death, which was what brought out the fog. Jayden, Jack, and I got CONSUMED in the fog! All I see is the fog pouring off the stage onto my feet! Then I see a tsunami wave of fog hover over Jayden! Then he disappears. Everyone in the front row’s gone! After a silence, I cough. People start to quietly laugh and many more coughs from the crowd start. The fog eventually went away and we got to enjoy the rest of the musical. If I had the choice to participate in the middle school musical, I wouldn’t, I just like to watch the magic of it.
-Braelyn

Yes I want to be a part of the play. I would like to be a character because I want to have fun.
-Zachary

I liked the middle school musical because they were doing funny parts in the practice.
-Taylor

One thing I enjoyed about the middle school play is when the main character Timu  got to talk to her love. Sadly he already was going to get married, the main character, Timu was so sad. I would love to participate in next year's middle school musical. I would like to be a character on stage. I would like to be a character on stage because I love performing and acting in front of people, it's a time where you don't have to be you, you can be your character.
-Aubree

No comments:

Post a Comment