Saturday, May 18, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of May 13th

A note from Mrs Burke:
We are finally coming to the end of our state standardized testing for the year. The students took the first part of the science test this week and will take the second part of the test on Monday. This week the students have posted their thoughts about the Skype interview they had with the author of the Wings of Fire book series. Keep reading to see what they wrote about.

Skyping with the author of Wings of Fire book series: Tui T. Sutherland 

Image result for wings of fire series

What did enjoy the most when talking with the author, Tui T. Sutherland, of the Wings of Fire book series?  What did you learn from talking with her?

What I enjoyed the most was when people asked Tui T. Sutherland questions about her books. I learned that there will be new characters in the Wings of fire book series.
-Madison

I enjoyed learning about her inspiration for her books and the way she thought of the dragons when she wrote them in her stories.
-Lyndsey

I loved the author chat!!! It was so so so cool to actually meet my favorite author! My favorite part was just getting to meet her in general! She also gave us a sneak peek of her new graphic novel that will come out this summer! She is super inspiring to me. One thing I learned about her was that she uses her kids as inspiration.
-Abigail

What I did enjoy the most when talking with the author, Tui T. Sutherland, of the Wings of Fire book series was all of the questions and awesome answers. What I did learn from talking with her was that I did not know she had kids and a dog.
-Jayden

Wings of Fire author was very very interesting to talk to.
-Cash

What I enjoyed most when talking with the author of the Wings of Fire book
series is when she showed us part of the third Wings of Fire graphic novel book.
What I learned from talking with her is that some of the dragons in Wings of fire
are based off of her sons.
-Maximus

I enjoyed the part where i found out that she is making a new Wings Of Fire book.
-Nevaeh

It was cool to see a famous person she was really nice. She let us see a peak of the new book for the wings of fire I hope she sends us copies.
-Jack

There are 12 books in the whole series and it was fun talking to an author.
-Randy

What I enjoyed most while talking to Tui T. Sutherland, is how she wasn’t rude or stuck-up or anything. I also liked how I got to see and hear her and her words, and she got to see me and hear me. What I learned was that she wants to make another Menagerie book, but she needs to make sure it’s OK with the WIngs Of Fire publishers first. I also learned that the Wings Of Fire series is VERY good!
-Flynn

Some things that I liked about the talk with the author is that there is going to be a new graphic novel, I can't wait.
-Owen  

The Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland, is a 14 book series (I think). A book I heard of was a book about a scavenger (Human) and a dragon named Rose. Since the scavenger and the dragon couldn’t understand each other, Rose pointed out different flowers to try and show the scavenger what her name was, he ended up calling her Flower. I’d say close enough. I’ve read probably a tenth of the first Wings of Fire about a year ago, and to me, it was confusing. Still, I’d suggest it, it kind of reminded me of How to Train your Dragon.
-Braelyn

I enjoyed when she said their was going to be more books. I learned that she
wrote more than one series.
-Zachary

I liked skyping Tui T. Sutherland because she is nice and I love her books wings of fire is my favorite one is the 2nd one. Because I just could not stop reading it it was just too good.
-Taylor

What I enjoyed most when talking to Tui T. Sutherland is just hearing her voice
for the first time. I also loved how she answered the questions we asked her. She
explained her answer very well. Something I learned from her is she will be making
a 3rd graphic novel. We also got to see the cover of her new book and learn what
the next WIngs of Fire will be about. I can’t wait for the new books!
-Aubree  




No comments:

Post a Comment