Thursday, May 2, 2019

5B Classroom News: Week of April 29th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
The students have been working very hard to complete the SBAC testing for language arts this week. I really appreciate the effort they have been showing me as they work on these tests. They have also been working on their yearbook page for our 5th grade yearbook. It has been fun reading about the memories they are including on their page. Keep reading to see some of the memories that they have been writing about.

5th Grade Yearbook:  Your yearbook page

Image result for Yearbook
What are some of the memories of OQS you are writing about for your yearbook page?

Some memories I put in the yearbook are the spider web challenge, catapult challenge, and the winter concert. I put them in because I really liked them and I remember laughing and smiling which is a happy memory.
-Madison

Some memories of OQS on my yearbook page are the magical land of oz, fifth grade band day, and favorite book character day, and they were all so much fun to be a part of.
-Lyndsey

One of my favorite memories was the catapult battle. Building my catapult was very challenging, but in the end I thought the result was awesome. The battles were very exiting, and Braelyn was very good competition. In the end, I lost, but it was super fun. This memory will stay with me for a long long time.  
-Abigail

Some of the memories of OQS I am writing about are me and my friends on the zipline and some people going through the spider web in the  spider's web challenge. And I have a picture of me in the colonial trade fair.
-Jayden

A memory I wrote about on my yearbook page are good memories that I enjoyed. I do not want to give away my page.
-Cash

Some of the memories of OQS that I am writing about on my yearbook page are when the non-band kids raced rc robots and when the non-band kids went snowshoeing on the tools trail.
-Maximus

One memory I am writing about for my yearbook page is when we did the cup challenge. It was so fun because we had groups and accomplished a challenge.
-Nevaeh

One of the things I did is the big tower in the library. Why I did it is because it was fun and I used teamwork.
-Jack

It is fun to work on the yearbook at the end of the year. I think it's fun to make a book.
-Randy

Some memories of OQS that I am writing about in my yearbook page is when I came here last year and I already knew some people and I knew this year was going to be great and it was.
-Madylyn

Some memories of OQS I am writing about for my yearbook page are the teachers I’ve had, the friends I’ve made, the OQS school plays I’ve been in and seen, and any after-school activities I’ve done. There are still many amazing things about OQS, and I am lucky I am at this school.
-Flynn

The first day of school was cool but when they blew bubbles in our faces was fun and being all happy that we are back. 5th grade was great and my favorite part was all the field trips and some were funny. This year was one of the best yet!
-Owen

The 5th Grade yearbook! Like our conference blogs, the 5th Grade yearbook is an activity on the computer where we describe experiences. For this yearbook, we are using pictures from a drive that was shared by Mrs. Burke. These pictures will provide our memories of the year. For example, my yearbook page has my First Day of School picture, Liquid Density Experiment, Holiday Fun, and March Sled Dog Meet. These were amazing memories! Sadly, we’ll have to separate in middle school. Hopefully, this will remind us of a great year.
-Braelyn

Some memories I am using are the spider web challenge.
-Zachary

I like our yearbook because we get to see our pictures from 2018. So cool! And others.
-Taylor

Some memories I’ve had at OQS are sledding falls, band, play/drama club, talent shows, solo tryouts, concerts, specials, girls on the run, paw squad, and field day. I will be so sad when I have to leave, I love OQS so much.
-Aubree

 

No comments:

Post a Comment