Sunday, October 14, 2018

5B Classroom: Week of October 8th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
The students filled our alphabit chart again for following expected behaviors  After they fill it one more time they will earn another classroom celebration. Keep up the good work 5B!

Take a look at what the student reporters wrote this week on our blog:



Language Arts:  The American Revolution

Image result for colonial voices hear them speak

What have you learned about Native Americans and their role in the
American Revolution?

Some fought on the colonists side and some fought against the colonists
side.
- Madylyn



Social Studies:  Colonial America

Image result for New England colonies

What did you learn this week about the New England colonies?

This week  we learned about some of  people who founded the colonies. One of
the people who founded a colony got kicked out of her original colony for
questioning her leader's authority. She and her family eventually founded a
colony on an island.
-Abigail


This week, I learned that the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay colony was a man named John Winthrop. John Winthrop led the colony for the next 20 years. I also learned that the schools were open all year round, and there were no vacations. The craziest part was that kids only went to school for 10-12 weeks each year! I have learned a lot about the New England Colonies, but there still is so much more to learn.
-Flynn



Keyboarding:

Image result for keyboarding

Do you think using Typing.com has helped you improve your keyboarding
skills?  Why?


I think it has definitely helped! I’m even using it to type right now! I have improved so much, and I think it will help many others. When I first started, I only knew half of the letters I can type now.
-Braelyn

Do you like the keyboard covers?  Why or why not?


I like the keyboard covers because you learn how to memorize the keys.
-Jayden

I think using Typing.com has helped me to get better at typing and faster. I like
the keyboard covers because it gives me more of a challenge.
-Maximus

I am not a fan of the keyboard covers because they distract me. I know they’re
supposed to help, but they just make my hands sweat, and it falls off a lot so I
have to rearrange it.
-Braelyn

I do like the using the keyboard covers because it’s something new and it helps
you with your home row keys.
-Madylyn

I like the keyboard covers because they can help you with so much. Like keeping your hands on the home row and helping you to not look at the keys and that helps with if you need to look at a texts.
-Rebecca

It helps me be a faster typer and it helps me keep my hands on the keyboard and not in the air.
-Taylor

I think that has helped me with my typing skills. I think this because I have been a lot better with typing. In fact while I am explaining this to you, I am using the home row. Also, I like  keyboard covers because they help me by not looking at the keys.
-Aubree



Band:  

Image result for band instruments

What have you been learning in band?

In band we’ve  been learning 3 notes b flat, c, and d.
-Lyndsey


We have been learning to use our full interuments.
-Jayden

In band we have been learning about how to use our instruments safely. Every
day in band we see who can make the longest sound out of the instruments
besides the percussion because they can't blow on their instrument. And the
flutes, if they blow 10 seconds, they get 20 seconds because it repeats. Band
is really fun.
-Madylyn

How to play the full sax and, for me, how to read notes on a scale.
-Owen

I absolutely love band! I’ve learned four notes so far: B, A, G, and C. The best
part, it has the same notes as the recorder, which I played last year! Playing the
Saxophone is so much fun! It’s loud and deep tone sound, makes it sound
important and full. My group, or fellow Sax players, play really well! I think
that we are at a great spot, and we know many songs!
-Braelyn


What I learned in band this week is three of our like 10-20 notes/keys and we
played Hot Cross Buns about 5-10 times. I squeaked twice out of the 5-10 times
we played.
-Zachary

I am having so much fun in band. I learned so much of what Ms.Dale taught me
about the trumpet and it is very fun to play it, and I am sure it is fun to play the
other instruments in band class.
-Taylor

In band I am learning about the notes b, a, g, and c. We Also got to use our
whole instruments as a whole band this Tuesday, 10/9/18. I like band a lot!
-Aubree



Library:  


What did you learn about during library class this week?

In library class I learned that itś good to use teamwork.  I built a magnetic tower
with Jack and Zachary. It was hard and scary putting on the top to the tower.
-Randy


What I learned about this week in library is me, Jack, and Randy built a huge
tower that was like a foot and a half from the ceiling.
-Zachary

We learned about Spiral.
-Nevaeh

In library this week I learned about some new books. Also, in Library the class we
read a few chapters of Ban this Book.
-Madison

We’ve been reading ban this book Spiral recently.
-Lyndsey


In library we play chess, play with magnetic building tiles, or read books that we
choose to sign out.
-Taylor



Music:

Image result for music class

What did you learn this week in music class?


In music we are learning some of our concert songs. So far we have learned the
song “Bundle Up.” I am very excited to learn the next song.
-Aubree



Physical Education:

Image result for physical education class

What did you learn this week during physical education class?

This week in PE we did pacer practice. Pacer is where you run a timed lap
across the gym and back. As you go on, the laps get faster. You can stop
whenever want, but you have to do at least five first. I am pretty sure you do
two practices then you do the real thing.
- Abigail


This week in Phys. Ed. we were doing the pacer test. The pacer test is this
audio guy and he says 3, 2, 1 run! And on the beep we run across the gym
to the black line, and then he says go again, and then it gets faster and faster
and then we see the last one running.
-Madylyn

We are doing activities like pacer practice and this week and we are doing
it for real on Friday.  If you’re asking what is pacer, it is when you get a partner
and you see how long you can run in a straight line. When you hear a sound,
and you are not over the line by time you are out, and you lose a point , you
have one more chance. If you lose that point, you are out for good.
-Taylor

What I learned this week in physical education is that it was fun. ‘
-Cash



Art:

Image result for art class

Are you working on a project in art that is related to the book Wonder that
we are reading aloud? How is this project related to Wonder?


We are making a self portrait of yourself that looks like Auggie in the book Wonder and writing words on the outside that describes you, like your favorite color, your favorite food, sport, vacation, video game, subject and things like that and I love it.
-Taylor



Garden Club:

Image result for garden club

What did Mr. Sadowski teach you during garden club this week and/or the
previous week?


Mr.Sadowski told all the Thursday Garden Club people that we could build bow and arrows slingshots type stuff.
-Zachary

We made bows and sling shoots yesterday and it was so much fun. We also go in the garden and dig stuff out like carrots, onions, and sometimes worms.
-Taylor



Wolves on the Prowl:



What did you learn about during your first Wolves on the Prowl activity?


We are learning the beginning stages of wolves.
-Owen

We learned that it is not just you, it’s you and your team, and there is no I in team.
-Taylor


  



No comments:

Post a Comment