Saturday, January 13, 2018

5B Classroom News: Week of Jan. 8th

A note from Mrs. Burke:
Due to the short school week, students will not be blogging next week. Enjoy reading what they posted this week about two-voice poetry in language arts and gravity in science.


Language Arts:

Image result for esperanza rising

A two-voice poem is a poem that does not always include rhymes.  Instead, it is two people talking back and forth in a pattern.
-Bennett

In language arts we wrote two-voice poems, and I was partnered up with Ella.  We wrote about the Immigration sweep. My character’s name is Marta.  This was a really fun project!
                         --Paige

A two-voice poem is a poem that two people recite together.  My partner and I wrote about the chapter ‘’Los Duraznos’’.  This chapter is about when Miguel loses his job and his boss makes him dig the ditches.  I am Esperanza and my partner Cordelia is Miguel. ----Addyson

This week, Logan and I wrote a two-voice poem about Mama and Esperanza moving into a cabin at a camp after their house burned down. A two-voice poem doesn’t have to rhyme, but both people play the perspective, or role, of a character. I was Esperanza.-Nolan

A two-voice poem is a poem with two people talking, and a row where they’re both talking. I wrote about Esperanza Rising, the immigration sweep, with a partner.
-Lyssette



Science:

We are learning about Gravity and it is fun.
  • Larkyn

Learning about gravity was fun.
-Chandler









I thought that this magnet ruler test was cool, because of how the paper clips stayed up, even though it was not touching the magnet. This was an interesting way to go against the ways of gravity and the magnets. My partner and I decided that it would be best if we tried to lower the towers, but then we just kept it at its regular length. I hope we do more.
~Lily

We did a gravity experiment and tried to keep paper clips up when we had a ruler and magnets up on top of two towers and we had to tape the paper clips on string and put the string on the table via tape.~Jocelyn~

The paper clip floated in mid-air and it fell down when I took the ruler away.~ Colby

It taught me that gravity is so cool. -Alexander

It taught me that the gravity of Earth is not as powerful as a small magnet about ¼ of an inch from a paper clip.
-Bennett

The magnet ruler investigation taught me about gravity. The magnet ruler has a force and if you take away the force, the paper clips fall.
-Ella









No comments:

Post a Comment