Monday, May 29, 2017

5B Classroom News: Week of May 22nd

Spiderweb Challenge
We did the spider web and this time we all made it through !! We think we made it through because we know each other better now than we did at the beginning of the year. Also, we know each others abilities better and what our comfort lines are.

                                                        -Ella and Sadie

The spider web challenge was easier this time because we know each other so we have built trust and we managed to do it!!!!!!!
-Gail Gardner









OQS Spring Concert on Thursday, May 25th
Last night we had the spring concert.  I think that we did a very good job.  This year we got to choose one of the concert songs and we decided to do You Can Count on Me.  We also did band and we played four songs.  One of them was called Gentle Winds and it took a lot of practice, but we did it. During one of the concert songs that was called Make New Friends, we got to play percussion instruments. -Kate  



Last night was AWESOME!! The concert was AMAZING!!! And it was fun! It was fun playing our instruments in the concert…..for the last time though.  
-Ali



Last night we had our spring concert. The whole class was in the band. We played a piece called Gentle Winds. It sounded really cool. We sang a song that we, and the other class, picked called Count on Me, and the movement were interesting.
-Sonya



Last night we had our spring concert which was our last concert.  My mom picked out a dress for me to wear, but I REFUSED to wear one.  My friend Ali went with “the casual”.  A lot of the girls and boys in our class wore nice outfits.  I just went with short pants and a long sleeved shirt.  I am very glad that it's over (no offense) but it was so stressful!!!  That is all.  Peace out.
-Lilly









Writing Narratives and Poes Using the Storybird App
In class we get to go to this amazing app called Storybird. We get to write our own stories. I love it so much.

            -Leiyah :)

Today we shared our Storybird stories.  They were funny and we enjoyed it.  I really like the Storybird app because we get to pick drawings and write about them.  I am excited to hear more of our stories.     
 -Kate
We did some stories on Storybird, like Kate said, and mine was about a stupid, fat, blue alien that saved the world from Green Guys with a flamethrower that he found and it’s called The Bobby that Saved the World.
-Brody

Today we shared our Storybird stories. They were funny. I liked Lilly’s the most. It was called The Friend Chain.  At the end there was a dark turn. The monkey was going to die soon. Everybody thought it was funny though. There was another one I liked, too. It was called THE BOBBY THAT SAVED THE WORLD.  It was funny and everyone was laughing to the point where they almost could not breath! It was written by Brody, so of course it was funny!! : ]
- Kendall

Today we got to share our Storybird books/stories.  I shared one called THE FRIEND CHAIN. Parts of it made people in my class laugh, but the one part where they burst out laughing was at the end where I introduced Ralph and I made him say that he was going to die soon.  The other stories that my classmates shared were pretty funny as wel,l and I can’t wait to hear more of them.                                                                                                -Lilly

I made poems on Storybird.  I will give you some of the words of my favorite poem that I made: giggle, green, and frogs.
      - Lochlan

Hey this is Nick here, I made a poem about I spit dragons!!

Today in class we got to read our stories in front of the class and my favorite was Lilly’s because it is really funny to me.
                          -Leiyah







Learning about the American Revolution
The book Woods Runner is about a boy whose parents got captured and his dad and his mom are playing chess with somebody to stay alive during the American Revolution.
                                                                                        -Gail


Fact Fluency
Students learned a new fact fluency game this week called Climb the Ladder to help them with their multiplication facts.











No comments:

Post a Comment